Nightmare

I had some trouble falling asleep last night, and when I did, I had a really weird nightmare. I was working for someone whose personality was similar to that of my last boss. He asked me to kill someone and hide the body. In the dream, I killed the person and hid his body in a shallow grave, but my conscience wouldn't let up. It was the first of the Ten Commandments I'd definitively broken. My boss (in the dream) was connected to the world of organized crime. I never thought he'd let me quit. But it looked like he was going to. Then I woke up at 6:11, extremely disoriented and a little freaked out.

Yikes! Banana pancakes for breakfast helped shake that off.

In other news, I'm getting 2 CDs soon for $0.98. That's because my mother gave me an Amazon rewards certificate a while back. She has a credit card with them and gets these certificates. Anyway, the cert was for $25.00, and the cost of 2 CDs was only $0.98 more. The CDs are: Songs in Red and Gray by Suzanne Vega and In Between Dreams by Jack Johnson.

I might as well make full disclosure. In the past, I had a dream that one of my college suitemates and I (we had the same first name) killed someone with a bunch of Q-tips. Somehow it wasn't as disturbing though.

Comments

Anonymous said…
good entry, scary dream....ive broken the commandments with a X next to them:

I. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. X

II. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.


III. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain. X


IV. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. X


V. Honour thy father and thy mother. X

VI. Thou shalt not kill.

VII. Thou shalt not commit adultery. X (oops)


VIII. Thou shalt not steal. X


IX. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.


X. Thou shalt not covet any thing that is thy neighbour's. X
Bearette said…
This is a riot :) I realize I've broken III, IV and probably X at some point. For some reason the biggies that I remember are adultery and killing, and I haven't done those ;)
Anonymous said…
most of the sinning took place in the 80s, when i was young, stupid and broke...i don't steal anymore...or adulterate.
Anonymous said…
Glad to know I'm not the only sinner. And about your dream-- have you been watching the Sopranos?
Lisa said…
I've broken all but one. I'll let you guess which one. Thank goodness for that confession thing.

And for what it's worth: If you've ever lied or spread gossip that wasn't totally true, you've broken IX. If you've had sex outside of marriage or lived with someone (romantically, obviously) before marriage, you've broken VII. And Madeleine L'Engle has an interesting theory that whenever you cut someone out of your life because of anger, you are committing murder.

I had a really vivid dream a while ago that I was getting really bad news or disturbing information on a Friday. Completely freaked me out for a week. My therapist suggested putting myself into the dream as one of the other people or objects to figure out what it meant. Maybe think about being the dead guy or the weapon you used?
Bearette said…
Hehe, no Sopranos. There goes IX and VII, then...I lived with D before marriage. I think whenever I have a bad experience I have nightmares about it for a while. I'm interpreting this as a work or law job nightmare. No more corporate world for me! I seriously doubt being a yoga teacher will give me nightmares ;)
Anonymous said…
Unless you dream that your limbs become entwined past the point untangling!

Shopping Alert: Today I bought the coziest, most wonderful velour sweat suit from Old Navy. $19 per piece. I almost can't wait for it to get cold so I can wear it...
Bearette said…
I love Old Navy!! Congratulations on the acquisition ;) I got a $7 black velvet pocketbook there yesterday, marked down from $15. I'm planning on bringing it to a wedding on Wednesday. (I know, there's something odd about a wedding on Wednesday. I think it was more economical for the couple.)
Molly said…
I hate when I am having trouble sleeping and then have nightmare-esque dreams. I have to agree that death by q-tips is not quite as frightening!
Anonymous said…
Q-tips!! That made me laugh out loud. :)
Reighnie said…
No kidding, I'm intrigued, how do you commit murder with q-tips? :-p
Bearette said…
Hehe ;) I think we just kind of flogged the person - probably would not work in real life :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!