Not too much to report today. We had dinner with P at Delphi, a down-to-earth Greek resto around Chambers Street. P seemed melancholy but cheered up as the meal progressed. He's moving to England in a month or so for a couple of years.

I splashed out and instead of my usual spinach cheese pie, I got stuffed tomatoes for dinner. These came unexpectedly with two potato halves, face down and brushed with tomato sauce. The tomatoes were stuffed with pine nuts, raisins and a hint of mint. They were pretty good. For an appetizer I had grape leaves and a bit of D's tzatziki.

Since P always gets dessert, and sometimes I can't resist ordering dessert if others do, I asked the waitress whether she recommended the galektoboureko or my usual standby, the baklava. She prefers galektoboureko because it's not so sweet. So I got the g-dessert, didn't love it as much as the baklava, and ended up digging into D's baklava. P also got the baklava. He is such a lanky boy, I don't know where he puts his desserts. He had to go over the top and get the baklava a la mode, too.

He also told us how he got kicked out of Sing Sing, a karaoke club near Sin Sin, an S&M club. This results in a lot of "confused singers," he said. Anyway, he rented a room with his friend A and they started belting out tunes from their repertoire. The natives started to get restless when they sang "Love Shack," but it was P's version of "Proud Mary" by Tina Turner that got him thrown out at 3:30 am. P does a mean rendition of "What's Love Got to Do With It?"

I met 2 pugs on the way home. One of them licked my head and ran its paws through my hair. I was playing with the curl in the other one's tail and I felt its tail start wagging, right in my hand! It was the coolest feeling. I love those dogs. Sadly, P says they are the most short-lived breed. I bet they live really happy lives though. You can tell they are really cheerful.

I finished A Million Little Pieces yesterday. I highly recommend it. I'm now reading A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby. So far it's not his best book, but it's not bad either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!