Music

A while ago, Lobo (who is a music guy) recommended some high-level stereo equipment. I always suspected it was one of those cases where you don't get what you pay for. Case in point: it could never handle "burned" CDs. I got one as a Christmas gift from some graphic designers one year, and burned several of my own, and it couldn't play 'em. The cheap box we bought to play "The Wedding March" at our wedding (the ceremony was outdoors and the DJ took over at the reception) handled them just fine.

This morning, I put in Suzanne Vega's Retrospective and it started skipping every time I stepped away from the stereo (the high-level one). D started laughing. I tried running away right after I put the CD in, but it didn't work. If I stood there near the stereo, the CD kept playing. If I stepped away, it skipped.

So the cheap box is now our equipment of choice.

I'm making penne a la vodka tonight with 6-year-old vodka. Another Christmas gift, this one from my first job in New York. I'll put up the recipe if it's good ;)

Comments

Bearette said…
That second comment was me, D was still logged in!
Bearette said…
I will concede that it does sound better than the box. I'm now using my "boom box" from 1993 (my brother gave it to me for high school graduation).

Sorry, Lobo.
Bearette said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
Mr. Lobo would like to point out that he didn't "recommend" that player. He got it for you for 25% of its list price. (Quite legitimately, I might add.)

Sorry it's not working so well now.

--Lobo
Bearette said…
Sorry, Mr. Lobo :) It was very nice of you to get it for us.
Bearette said…
And it's working again now!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!