Whew

It's surreal to be back in my own living room, using my own computer. I didn't bring my laptop on vacation. NYC seems large, dirty and still somewhat exciting - like a large, sweaty person who insists on hugging you. I miss San Fran though, which is maybe more slender and beautiful without quite as interesting thoughts. D and I are talking about moving there for January and February - renting a house. This way we will escape the cold of an NYC winter and test-drive living in San Fran. Of course, if I'm able to get certified as a yoga teacher, the coast-sharing may present problems in terms of a job. We'll see, I guess.

We had a late dinner (no food on the plane!) of red kidney beans sauteed with onion, coriander, salsa and cumin. Not bad.

I read Summer Boys 2 on the plane (yummy) and finished The Butcher of Beverly Hills, a mystery. I am late coming to mysteries and don't find them as satisfying as regular fiction, but they can be a nice diversion. The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series is so good I don't really see them as mysteries...they transcend the genre.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!