Before the glory fades...



I must tell you about the glorious meal I had tonight. We went to Millennium, one of SF's highest-rated vegan restaurants, located in the Savoy Hotel. For an appetizer we both had sweet corn soup, which wasn't that sweet. For my entree, I had tempeh batons in an Indian-type curry sauce with peach, mint and cucumber chutney and sundry veggies, which was interesting. But now...drumroll...happy place...gasp...ecstatic expressions...DESSERT.

I had strawberry shortcake. The layers consisted of white corn shortcake, white chocolate cream, strawberries, kiwi and some other fruits. It was #^(%# awesome. Words cannot express. I sunk to the table in a fit of ecstasy. (See "food coma" picture.) I was also very tired because we walked about 5 miles today and I did an hour and 20 minutes of rigorous yoga.

It was better than the other yoga center. It did have a carpet instead of a hardwood floor, which took some getting used to, in terms of traction. And the teacher invited people to do handstands against the wall, but there was only a very small wall. It was mostly curtains. So the rest of us entertained ourselves while they experimented with going up into handstand through a "donkey kick" and a modified crow pose, with knees resting on the back of right-angle elbows.

It must be said: the guys are cute here. So if anyone is looking...

While I went to yoga, D went bike riding and took a good picture of the Golden Gate Bridge.

It's foggy tonight, so there's a thin, ethereal, romantic fluffy layer over everything...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!