I miss chick lit

I recently finished a book about drug addiction and rehab, and now I'm reading a book about 4 people who met when they were trying to commit suicide. The next thing I read will be light and fluffy!

On my chick lit pile:

Bollywood Confidential by Sonia Singh
Faking 19 by Alyson Noel
The Au Pairs by Melissa de la Cruz
Happiness Sold Separately by Libby Street
Cold Feet by Heather Swain, Elise Juska, et al (short story collection)
The Interruption of Everything by Terry McMillan
Sofie Metropolis by Tori Carrington

On my non-chick lit pile:

Several Alexander McCall Smith books
The Hungry Tide by Amitav Ghosh

These books aren't chick lit, but they still look a little more cheerful than what I'm reading.

I also have my reading for yoga school, which is actually quite interesting. One of them is an anatomy coloring book, where they talk about metatarsals and everything! These are the middle bones in the foot.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bearette, you and I seem to be on the same reading list lately. I am also reading A Long Way Down. At least, I'm assuming that's the one you're reading about the four people trying to commit suicide! I love Nick Hornby.
Bearette said…
Yup, that's the one ;) I actually didn't like it as much as High Fidelity or About a Boy, but it was good. Sadly, I gave up on Irving :( I'll read his next book, though.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!