Rice

We had dinner with IG at Rice, a resto on the corner of 28th and Lex. It was quite good, though D was displeased with the waitress.

D: Could I have a Black Russian?
Waitress: No.

D: How about a rum and Coke?
Waitress: You don't understand. We have mojitos and margaritas and that's it.

But they mixed a rum and Coke for D last time he was there. So apparently she just didn't want to bother. I had a mojito, which was very minty and good. IG had his without sugar and they gave me his by accident! But then we switched. I must say, I missed alcohol. I remembered in high school the athletes weren't supposed to drink alcohol (in theory) so I thought it would be good, as I got more serious about yoga, to cut out alcohol. But I forgot how it takes the edges off things.

I had tofu meatballs (very good, not bland at all) with basmati rice. D had black rice with edamame, following the waitress's suggestion, but he didn't like it. For dessert I brought along my favorite peanut butter cup cookie from Big Booty Bread Co. Yay!

Writing class drama. My writing class teacher, who took the summer off, is not coming back for the fall either. So I emailed this woman J, who was in my class before, to strategize. In this writing program, let's just say that the quality of the teachers varies, uh, widely. So you have to be careful, especially since you can only get a refund before classes start. So we'll see. The Wednesday night teacher has a good pedigree, but it's no guarantee that she'll be a good teacher.

I'm excited/nervous about yoga school beginning in September. I want to know who my buddy is! (We'll all be paired up and have hourly meetings with our buddy each week, starting in September.)

Comments

bdogg_mcgee said…
Wow! If I ever make it to NYC again I'm going to the Big Booty Bakery! That's too awesome!
Anonymous said…
I was thinking the same thing. My brother and sis live in Brooklyn, so maybe I can get them to bring some peanut butter cup cookies when they come for Thanksgiving...
Bearette said…
Hehe ;) Just tell them to head for 23rd Street between 7th and 8th.

Bdogg, you should definitely try them too :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!