March of the penguins



You should march right over to the nearest movie theater and see this :) I was pleased to see that even in limited release, it has made $26.4 million. Everyone should see this movie!

I don't want to spoil it for y'all, but suffice it to say, it's not easy being fluffy. And baby penguins are obscenely cute. And it's a little bit sad. But mostly happy, and life-affirming.

The movie was rated G so the theater was chock full of kids. I didn't mind that much. Next to me, the little girl's running commentary - "They have two legs, just like us" and "Are they trying to say I love you?" was cute rather than annoying. One kid started to freak out near the end (unrelated to the movie), but it was almost over anyway. I'd say it's one of the best movies I've seen this year. Maybe the best.

In other news, R from chicklitbooks.com is sending me 2 books to review - Younger by Pamela Redmond Satran and Confessions of a Nervous Shiksa by Tracy McArdle. I like the free books thing. She is also going to put up bios of me and the other reviewers.

I'm currently reading Until I Find You by John Irving. It is LONG. 820 pages. If I lifted the book instead of the yoga block in my arm strengthening pose, I would have arms like Arnold in no time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
March of the Penguins sounds like a wonderful movie. I can't wait to see it when I get home! If it's not in the theaters anymore, will you buy it so I can borrow it from you on DVD?

I want to see a movie made called "march of the salamanders." You have no idea how cute these little guys are when they scury along the road.

By the way, one of my hiking companions (Jorge) started telling me a story yesterday about how he and his wife found a big spiders' web and put a grasshopper into the web to see what would happen. I got mad at him and told him to stop telling the story. Jorge seems to have a good sense of direction and a sense of how to lead a group of hikers, but he can also be controlling and cruel. Thank heavens that there are other Spaniards who care a lot more about animals and have a more positive outlook towards nature.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend,

El Guapo
Bearette said…
Hmmm...I wonder what el guapo means? I think D has a Spanish dictionary ;)

Sure! It can be your next birthday present :)
Lora said…
I just picked up the same book. I bet you'll be done first.
Bearette said…
Hehe...I actually gave up that book, so I'm sure you'll finish first! Did you see the Amazon editors' review of it? Ouch.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!