Food and clothes



Yay! Two of everyone's favorite topics (or maybe not :) Today we had breakfast at Mama's on Washington Square, corner of Fillbert and Stockton. A definite must if you are ever in SF. Today I had Mama's buttermilk pancakes with seasonal berries. They were even better than the banana bread French toast.

For dinner, we went to Chez Panisse Cafe in Berkeley. Yup, Chez Panisse. It wasn't too bad to get to. A quick ride on the Bart and we were there. We wandered around UC-Berkeley, which has a very nice campus, and then went to the wooden, treesy home of Chez Panisse. There was only one vegetarian entree but it was quite good. Basmati rice with tomatoes, okra, yogurt and cranberry beans. For my appetizer I had a beet and endive salad. The real star of the show, however, was the peach and nectarine cobbler with vanilla ice cream. I took this picture after the destruction began.

It was a real cloud-nine dessert. You know, the kind where you feel blissful afterward. And not too stuffed, miraculously. Then we took the Bart back to SF, swam in the pool (or I did, while D read). The hot tub was broken. There was a Yorkie in the pool room; he licked my nose and nibbled my finger. The owner was appalled that the dog nibbled me, even though it didn't hurt, and insisted it was a "love nip."

I have also stimulated the San Fran economy by buying the following:

Old Navy: 2 pairs of yoga pants, undies, socks and the sacred jeans.
The Gap: a nice purple sweater.

I have refrained from buying any books, since I have several to read on the plane - Summer Boys, which is YA; Morality for Beautiful Girls, which is the 3rd book in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency Series; and The Butchers of Beverly Hills, a chick lit mystery about red-haired twin detectives.

Random book recommendation: A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth is awesome. I read it some years ago, and then my mother read my copy. It's over 1000 pages but it's really good.

Tomorrow I'll try another yoga center.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, envy. Chez Panisse! Sounds like you're having a wonderful time!
Bearette said…
i thought you would like that :)

hard to get reservations, though...we had to eat at 6:00 ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!