Whew, I just made dinner for D and me and quite an operation it was. I made sweet potato, tomato and peanut soup for myself (D does not like sweet potatoes); a Thai salad with peanut dressing and cubes of tofu for D; and tomato paneer for both of us. You make paneer, as I described it in an earlier entry. Then you chop 1 and 1/4 cups of tomatoes, 1/4 c. of Vidalia onions, and saute everything in peanut oil with turmeric, cumin, salt and cayenne. You add the paneer cubes and saute them for 2 minutes. This only makes enough for 1 person. We split it. Then I whipped up some Annie's mac and cheese for D.

I watched "Kissing Jessica Stein" on DVD today. I never saw it in the theater, but I saw it on cable once and ended up buying the DVD. I love it because it's like a female Woody Allen movie, very funny and very New York. (Spoiler alert) I also like the guy she ends up with - I think he has a role on Law & Order or some other legal/crime drama I don't watch.

Anyway, for unknown reasons, the movie inspired me to write. So when Jessica and the guy were chatting on the terrace near the end of the movie, I paused it and wrote another page of my novel. I am thinking of kicking up my schedule from one page a day to two.

I'm reading Love and Other Four-Letter Words by Carolyn Mackler. It's a YA book I got from the library. The voice reminds me a lot of Judy Blume, who wrote a blurb for the book. It's cool.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay that it made you want to write! You go :)
Bearette said…
Thanks B
:)
Anonymous said…
Holy mac and cheese...i made annie's for OM last night!!
Bearette said…
We are living parallel lives...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!