My writing class ended today, and I feel strangely...relieved? I liked the people and the teacher, and I'll miss them. However, it will feel good just to write for myself, not trying to impress the others (which I think is inevitable) and not going through critiques for a while. They're helpful but they can also be harrowing.

Anyway, my teacher comes back in the fall, and he said he'd email all his prior students, so hopefully we can have a group with no strangers. It's cozier that way.

My teacher really liked my short story "Evergreen" and wrote, "Let me know when it is published." I like his confidence.

I hope D & I go to Chennai for lunch tomorrow. I love their onion rava masala dosa. It's like a big square pancake made from lentil and rice flour and folded in half. Inside are potatoes, nuts and peas all kind of mashed together and turned yellow from turmeric (a curry spice). You can dip it in coconut sauce. I love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!