Trauma. I tried on a pair of stretch jeans today at Old Navy. Size 6. Usually they urge me to go for the 4, or tell me the 6 looks fine, but the tiny Asian woman scrunched up her nose and said, "I think they're a little small for you," when I asked her if they fit. Of course, I freaked out (inwardly). I bought some yoga pants and tank tops, and when I got home, I tried on all my size 6 jeans, my size 4 jeans, and the size 4 skirt of a suit. Everything fit. What the #^!*? All the same, I will try to eat more carefully, 'cause I don't want to be an 8. No way, no how.

We went to Jackson Diner with P and tromped our way back to Manhattan...or tried. As we got close to some bridge, P observed we were two islands away from where we wanted to be. Roosevelt Island was in between. Near the bridge, the surroundings got increasingly shady and P pointed out it was a good place for drug dropoffs. We hailed the first available cab. D gave the cabbie credit for understanding more English than he did and said, "If we go south, we'll encounter less traffic." The cabbie was like, "Huh?" so I said, "Go south."

During dinner, P regaled us with tales of Chevy Chase's drunken graduation speech at Princeton. Highlights: "It's hell here...my daughter Sydney is a year behind you...do you know her? She had a nervous breakdown and had to start therapy!" and "I strapped my dong down this morning." Apparently, this means he is very well endowed...at least in his own mind. Everyone was freaking out, not laughing, but the speech is often downloaded. Go to www.princeton.edu for your copy.

P seems happy with his new girlfriend.

I sent "Evergreen" to Zoetrope, Rosebud, Chelsea, Glimmer Train, and Night Train...that should be enough for a while...wish me luck!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good luck!!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!