Weekend update

I wrote a post on Saturday, early in the morning, since I was insomniac that night, but Blogger "swiped" it. Let's hope this one doesn't meet the same fate ;)

Friday I went to dinner with D and DG at Chennai, and had their redoubtable onion rava masala dosa...so big and so good. Fortunately, D helped. Then D went home to do some work because a colleague left him with a lot of ground to cover. I went with DG to a party in the West Village. I had a really nice time. There is something romantic and European about the Village, and the apartments (the party was spread out over two) were cute and charming, with many small paintings sprinkled over the walls. There was a black cat in one apartment. I avoided it due to allergies, but it was very pretty and stately. I believe it was in mourning; its friend had just passed away.

Last night, D and I had dinner with his sister, A, who is about to break up with her boyfriend. She wouldn't exactly tell us why. She was concerned about the age difference (she is 30, he is 40), but she has dated older men before. Hmm. After dinner, we saw a movie called Something New. The movie was kind of a disappointment, which was too bad because I'd been looking forward to it. Based on the preview, I thought it would be a comedy, but it just wasn't. Oh well.

Comments

Caro said…
You didn't say bric a brac in this post!

I feel bad for the poor kitty.
Bearette said…
Hehe...I considered it, but the moment just didn't seem right. ;)

I felt bad for the cat too. it seemed kind of noble.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!