My dream

When I woke up, I told D I had a dream.

D: That all men are created equal?

Actually, I dreamed that my friend AT couldn't hang out with us on Saturday night. This part is true. Then, in the dream, I decided to go to the restaurant anyway. I went there, and AT was there with a new girlfriend! I talked with them, but they were kind of exclusionary. Then I went to the restroom, and when I came back, they both had their heads on the table.

D: Were they asleep? Dead?
Bearette: I don't know.

So I wended my way to the bar and found Jessica Simpson. She seemed much cooler than in real life, and we became friends. She looked a little less Barbie and seemed intelligent. But, then again, it was a dream.

P.S. I am now reading Breakfast at Tiffany's to get the taste of that last book out of my mouth. It's good, but you can tell that the short stories accompanying it are not. After this, I'll read Other Voices, Other Rooms (his first novel). Then I'll stop.

Comments

Caro said…
Ooh, so what was your subconscious trying to tell you? I think it was saying AT must be punished for not going with you on Saturday. Smack him up beside the head for me.
bdogg_mcgee said…
I read Breakfast at Tiffany's a long time ago, and it made me sad at the end.

Then again, I think I was upset that it wasn't EXACTLY like the movie, so that's probably why I didn't like it. Time to re-read, I guess!

Did you know that Truman Capote wanted Marilyn Monroe to play Holly Golightly?
Bearette said…
Wow! I didn't know that. I'm glad they picked Audrey...I don't know if Marilyn would have really worked in that part. In the book they describe Holly as "like a boy," through the hips or something, whereas Marilyn is classic hourglass. Plus I'm an Audrey worshipper ;)

I wonder what the end is like? I'm betting it's different from the movie, where they sentimentalized stuff a bit.
She looked a little less Barbie and seemed intelligent. But, then again, it was a dream.

It must have been a dream. Next thing you know, I'll probably have a dream that Paris Hilton is smart and Dan Quayle wins the next Nobel Prize.
Faltenin said…
I think Jess S is probably really clever and is playing a role because most men will be scared of cute + clever.

Wait - no - Daisy Duke shorts?

Forget it, I just remembered.
Anonymous said…
Fascinating. You know, I did have a date on Saturday night, but it didn't go well. I wonder if you sensed that psychically, and that's why we ended the night with your heads on the table!
-AT
Bearette said…
That explains it ;) Maybe I have ESP after all!!! Jessica Simpson...still unexplained.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!