I just did the first handstand I ever enjoyed. Handstand has long been my nemesis pose (we had to pick one on our yoga school application). D, who subluxed his shoulder doing a handstand in the White House (another story for another day), assured me that I would one day like them.

Well, due to my mostly-cured back problem, I felt as if an old lady's body had been substituted for mine, and I was "relearning" yoga. Now it is more normal, but I still went into handstand without expectations. I didn't go through my usual "I like headstands better because my head is on the floor" rigmarole. And what do you know, I liked it. Better than a headstand.

In other news, this building across the street from us is going to be demolished. Jackhammers, demolition crews, the whole nine. For a month. Pounding away at 7:30 each morning. Um...yay.

In better news, my MIL sent me the DVD Love and Death today. I'm not sure why she gave me a present, but it was a nice surprise anyway. It's a fun Woody Allen-Diane Keaton movie, kind of a spoof on Russian literature. Hence he gazes into the distance and says "WHEAT" a lot. (They really were obsessed with that.) My favorite Woody Allen movie is probably Play It Again, Sam.

Comments

Lisa said…
Yay on the handstand!

Be good to your back.
Bearette said…
Thank you ;)

Loved your quiz, btw.
Caro said…
Sounds like your MIL is pretty neat.
Michelle said…
Congrats on doing the handstand. When I was taking a yoga class, we were working on headstands and I couldn't do them. It felt like my neck was getting crushed every time I'd make an attempt.
Bearette said…
yes, headstands can be very bad for your neck. handstands are actually better for you, i think.
Bearette said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bearette said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lora said…
Congrats on getting over that barrier. I know you've been struggling with it for a while.
Bearette said…
Thanks :) I still can't get up into it on my own, but now at least I enjoy it.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!