Upcoming

D and I are going to Miami from Feb. 22-28. He loves getting away from NY in the winter. I always kind of dread going on vacation. Unless it's to Austin ;) I know I'll miss cooking and I'll miss New York. It's a good match for me. A fortune teller at an Indian resto told me I should live in Boston or New York. He told my college roommate she should live in San Fran or New Jersey (she didn't like the latter).

Saturday, I'm going to brunch and a movie with TN. We'll probably go to Bright Food Shop and get our usual fabulous, buttery strawberry pecan pancakes, though we'll prudently get a short stack. We were planning to see "Failure to Launch," with SJP and Matthew McConnaughey, but it's not out yet. So maybe it will be "Date Movie", a spoof on romantic comedies starring Alyson Hannigan. I will keep you posted.

I used chestnut henna instead of dark brown henna today. I like it better.

In other news, my novel is coming along well. I'm on page 110 or 111. I'm letting the heroine free, and she is being her bad self!!! I also ratcheted up the crisis. Can't have too much dramatic tension.

I have a couple of auditions (one scheduled, one to be arranged) and two classes (one of which will be audited by the manager of another yoga studio) in March. I'm a little nervous...keep your fingers crossed for me ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good luck!!

I always wish I were someone who would enjoy living in NYC because it's so lively and interesting. I've really enjoyed my visits there, but I don't think I'd last too long. Unless maybe I had a small farm house in a quiet corner of Central Park. And a pet goat to keep the grass short. ;-)
SK said…
Miami!!! You have to go salsa dancing.. Oh, I hope they have some good veggie cuban restaurants that you can try.

DON'T go see date movie unless you really want to waste your money and 80 minutes of your life. I'd wait for it to come out... on TV. W had tickets to a free screening preview... some it was funny but I was actually offended by a couple of scenes. I don't want to ruin it for you plan on watching it but I'm getting tired of people laughing at other's misfortune.

I regret going.
Lisa said…
Yay on the novel! Good for you!

I've been feeling more inspired to get back to mine---maybe because I've read so many meh books lately and thought, "Mine's just as good or better than these."

Boo about Failure to Launch. I was all set to see it last weekend---my dear Bradley is in it!---but then discovered it's been pushed back to March. Boo!
Bearette said…
Liz - We can find you a little yurt in Central Park ;) I'm reading a book where a guy has a yurt. It sounds cool :)

Lost - I am way too shy for that...although D tells me there is just one move in salsa dancing??? The hip wiggle ;) I will keep that in mind about the movie..thanks. It's too bad because I usually like Alyson. I like her hair too.

Lisa - Thanks! I'd love to read yours :) I feel your pain re Bradley.
Lisa said…
Ooooh. I've wanted a yurt for about five years. Wouldn't want to live in it full time, but for a weekend place . . .
Ashley Beth said…
Good luck on everything...novel, auditions, finding Liz & Alex a yurt!

I hope you have a good time in Miami. I'd like to go one day...I've only been in the airport and it SUCKS!! I'd really like to see the city.
Bearette said…
Thanks N.M. Yurt construction begins this w/e.
Caro said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caro said…
I will keep my fingers crossed, but I'm sure you will get the job you want without my fingers.

(That sentence sounded strange.)

Awesome news on your novel.
Bearette said…
hehe! thank you ;)
Lora said…
Good Luck on your auditions. I can't imagine dreading a vacation to Miami. Winters in NY get so grey and dreary (well maybe not this one) that some color, sunshine and a change of pace always seemed due just about mid-Feb.

I think that's what I loved about the Gates concept. I was so mad that I couldn't make it up to see them. However, my mother sent me a great photograph from it and currently there's a Christo and Jeanne-Claude exhibit in Austin I plan to see. Still not the came as experiencing it.
Anonymous said…
Ah, Miami! It was about 80 here today, so that means Miami was probably even warmer! I've only been once, and it was on a work-related trip, so I can't give you too much advice. Just have fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!