Miami, Part II

We spent most of the day at the beach today, and I listened to about 56 songs on my iPod. Some dark clouds started coming in. I think there may be showers on Sunday. "Highs only in the 70s," the TV at the gym cautioned.

Speaking of the gym, I went to an abs class there yesterday. I figured it would be a good proxy for Pilates, which is supposed to help your back. My back has been good lately, but I figure, why not help it out? This class happened to be a lot more intense than Pilates at home. As the tattooed, shaved-head instructor hollered at us, "PUT YOUR HAND ON YOUR OBLIQUES TO MAKE SURE THEY'RE WORKING! IT'S GOING TO BE BIKINI SEASON SOON!", I remembered how a girl on a train told me most of the instructors at this gym are ex-cons. I thought: Maybe he is. My neck still hurts a bit. I do like their classes, though. Maybe I will check them out at home and switch gyms.

Tonight we're going to Nexxt, a restaurant that has really good sesame tofu, and then we might see Curious George. I finished The History of Love by Nicole Krauss. (She's married to Jonathan Safran Foer.) It was good. I especially liked the ending. I like it when everything comes together, as long as it's not in an overly manufactured or false way.

P.S. I just met a Pomeranian and kneeled to pat it. Its owner, who had a faint accent, said, "Do you have a puppy?"

Me: I used to.

She: You should get another one. It would be a very happy dog! You are very loving to pets.

:)





Comments

Anonymous said…
which gym was it?
Caro said…
It looks so beautiful there. I'm jealous.
Lora said…
Sounds like a nice time to relax and catch up on some reading. One of my coworkers has a new puppy named Rochester. I honestly blank on his breed, but they doubt estimate his adult weight to only go up to 6lbs, so small. She's been bringing him to work and I'm getting as bad as you. I have to go over there at least once a night and get my Rochester fix. He's a wriggly think that gives me losts of kisses.
Bearette said…
Huesped - is that you, AT? It's Crunch. They have Cardio Striptease and other fun stuff like that ;) Just seems less generic than NYSC.

C - It rained like the dickens last night! I am going to put up a photo soon of me in a garbage bag. If it came out well, that is. My digital camera is misbehaving.

Lora - 6 lbs!! That sounds so cute. I love wiggly doggies.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!