Bienvenido a Miami

Hi y'all, I'm in Miami. Sunny, warm, the whole Florida shtick. It's all good. One sad thing: the hotel used to have an orange motif, and now it doesn't. No orange juicer in the room, no bowls of oranges in the room or the lobby. :(

It will probably be a pretty lazy week...that's what vacation is for, right? On the agenda: Curious George (D is dying to see it), the beach, a few Crunch classes. One of them is called "Hip Hop Urban Cowgirl." I figured there will never be an opportunity to take such a class again.

On the flight, D and I got aisle seats. I didn't want to be stuck in the middle again. I sat next to a woman and her (probably) 3-year-old son. The woman was very friendly and introduced herself and her son. He kept making accurate observations: "It's going fast!" (the plane) and "He needs to speak up!" (about the pilot, whose messages were garbled).

I had an odd conversation with the flight attendant:

FA: You wanna turkey sandwich?

Me: No, thank you. You don't have anything vegetarian, do you?

FA: No, you wanna turkey sandwich?

I found this to be a non sequitur.

Anyway, we've been coming here once a year since 2003. At first, D was reluctant to come, and now he is addicted. I've created a monster. It is very relaxing, although it is starting to lose its exotic feel, and now seems like someplace I know. Not that that's a bad thing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have a great vacation!! Jump though some breakers for me.

(and thanks- now that Will Smith song is going to be stuck in my head all night, complete with the breathy "Bienvenido a Miami!")

;)
SK said…
Ditto on the song reminder! That's the exact same thing I said when I read it... :)
Bearette said…
hehe...i loved that song when it was out ;)
Mike said…
What song are we talking about? I need to get out from under my rock more often...
Bearette said…
Hee...it's a Will Smith song called "Miami" from '99. It came out around the same time as "Gettin' Jiggy With It."

(I don't own the album, I swear...)

;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!