Sweet potato soup

This is really simple and yummy, if you like sweet potatoes. I like to halve it, as follows. If you want more, you can double it.

Microwave 2 good-size sweet potatoes after stabbing them with a fork a few times. With my microwave, this takes about 20 minutes. When they're nice and soft, scoop out the flesh into a bowl and mash it well. Transfer the mashed sweet potato to a saucepan and add 1 cup of low-fat milk or soy milk (I wouldn't go with skim), 1/2 tsp salt-free seasoning mix (I use Bell's), 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg.

Stir together, then heat slowly until the mixture comes to a simmer. Cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Serve at once.

Source: The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet by Nava Atlas.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I made the sweet potato-peanut soup again the other night. Mmmm...
Bearette said…
That's a good one :)
Caro said…
This sounds very similar to a squash soup I tried the other night that I want to share. I LOOOVed it.
Ashley Beth said…
yum. You should put together a cookbook of your favorites...unless, are these all from the same cookbook? I'd buy it. I get tired of having to tear through the house looking for a piece of paper to write down your recipes everytime you post them!! You haven't missed yet! ;)
Bearette said…
Hehe. Thanks. Crystal at www.poco-cocoa.com posts a lot of recipes I like, and I cut & paste them into a Word document.

I'd put together a cookbook, but these are all other folks' recipes. *sigh* Maybe someday I'll create my own.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!