Interim post

Hi y'all from Austin! I recently purchased a cowgirl hat and a pair of boots with spurs...just for show, of course. Just kidding. But the men here do look awfully lean and cowboyish.

Got in last night. We had a 4-hour flight from New York to Houston on a very cramped Continental plane. The man on my right was about 6'4" and his knees were jackknifed up to his chest. Okay, that was a wee exaggeration, but he looked pretty uncomfortable. Then, ironically, we had a very comfortable flight on a spacious plane from Houston to Austin. The length of that flight? 30 minutes.

Lisa and I went to a fabulous place for lunch! For some reason the name keeps escaping me...Kembley Lane Cafe, maybe? It rocked. It was full of UT-Austin students wearing jeans and flip-flops. I got squash flautas. It was probably the best Tex-Mex food I've had in my life. Up North, Tex-Mex tends to translate to lots of sour cream and cheese. Not the case here. I had 3 delicate, soft corn tortillas wrapped around melty butternut squash and feta cheese, accompanied with a little guacamole, rice with corn kernels, and a great pineapple-mango salsa. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Then Lisa shared with me her dream about Chris Klein, who killed all the other bloggers and was trying to find her. Very silly!

Lisa is fun and bubbly (doesn't seem 100% introverted at all) and squired me about town in her SUV. On the way back from the restaurant, we were stopped in traffic by a pro-life parade. Some of the pictures they carried were in bad taste, but they were much more decorous than a NYC parade, where they would have been banging drums and yelling.

I will meet the rest of the gang tonight! Will keep you posted.

Food for thought - should I throw away my paper journal?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I stopped keeping a journal because my blog sort of took the place of it. However, I find that journaling is nice for writing down things that you don't necessarily want *everyone* to know about.
Lish said…
Kerbey Lane Cafe, one of my favorite places and very Austin. Glad you are having a good time. Wish I had read sooner that you would be here. That'll teach me to keep up with my reading.
Lora said…
I still keep my paper journal, although I admit it only gets sporadic attention.
Lisa said…
I still keep a paper journal, too. Although it is much neglected. But there are still things that I don't want to share with the entire World Wide Web.

Glad you could make it!

And it was prolife parade. I wouldn't have been nearly as irate if it was prochoice.
Bearette said…
Lisa - Oops...just corrected that!

Lish - your city is awesome.

KitKat & Lora - I guess I'll keep mine. My biggest fear is someone else reading it, but I guess it's not that juicy anyway.
No. Keep your paper journal. I still keep one. I'm sure you have things that are too personal to blog that you want to write down.

Heh, never flew to Austin, but once evaded a tornado while driving home from Austin. Well...Not really, but they had a tornado warning and the sky was a weird purplish green. It was scary anyways.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!