Bill Clinton in training

Just got an email from my mother, and it's too funny not to share.

One of my nephews, B, is a little sweetie...a blond, blue-eyed cherub...who is only 7 (he'll turn 8 in February), but already has an eye for the ladies. They like him too. Once I was on a walk with him and he pointed to a little girl's house and said "My friend [I can't remember her name] lives there. She loved me for 2 years." Apparently they are still on good terms, as she rushes across the soccer field to hug him before games.

So B is about to get his First Communion, and therefore went to his first confession. He told the priest that he opened the door to see his sister in the nude, and that it was fun! Oy.

I remember going to confession and not being able to remember what I had done. I did bite a boy in 3rd grade because he tried to kiss me in the playground. I kind of liked him, and might have kissed him if it weren't in front of everybody! (I had a keen sense of propriety.) But that was a year after my First Communion. So I think I made something up, saying, "I argued with my sister." Is that sinful?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Personally, I think one's definition of sin should be subjective. Kids doing kid stuff isn't sinful; it's natural. My mom, who went to Catholic school and had 6 siblings, said she could never remember all her sins either, so she'd say she fought with one of her siblings or something.

Will God forgive you for doing stuff that you don't even remember doing??
Bearette said…
;) I'm not too worried. It's been a long time since I've been to confession, though.
Caro said…
Fighting with your siblings is only a sin if you give your mother a migraine due to listening to it.

The naked sis thing is too funny.
Bearette said…
Isn't it? he used to pat my butt when he hugged me, but he seems to have outgrown it ;)
Ashley Beth said…
After I read that, I told my husband that hearing first confessions would have to be the most fun part of being a priest. I bet they could write the funniest stories about what children say.

I bet your nephew is going to regret being such a pill when his fiance' meets your parents. ;-) He sounds adorable!
Weird. I didn't like girls until high school. It all went down hill from there. ;)

I just don't get how kids "like" each other. My son liked girls since he was about eight and would get really upset when they didn't like him that way. I thought it was completely weird.
Bearette said…
NM - I'll put up a photo on the post ;)

ZS - This little boy really liked girls. Since he's probably not reading, I'll share this - he was called "Sean Green, the kissing machine." He gave me those notes that said "Do you like me?" with checkboxes for "Yes" and "No."

I know what you mean, though...they're not exactly going to date ;)
Bearette said…
On second thought, I'll protect his privacy with this particular entry...but if you scroll back to December, you'll see him ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!