Friday reflections

So D and I went to Jackson Diner tonight - a misnomer because it's not a diner, but rather one of NYC's best Indian restaurants. I got an issue of Fit Yoga magazine on the way back. Not as good as Yoga Journal. Also, a new issue of Rachael Ray's magazine is on newsstands. It doesn't look as good as the last issue. The best recipe in my opinion was macaroni with butternut squash - apparently another favorite of Boo's (who is sadly no longer with her, but was once very well fed).

We skipped the chance to watch a 10:50 showing of Munich because it's almost 3 hours long. Instead we went to Barnes & Noble, where I picked up 3 new books:

In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
The Baby Trail by Sinead Moriarty
Everyone Else's Girl by Megan Crane

When we got home, Us Magazine was waiting for me. I'm still on the fence about whether to renew or not, but I have some time. Anyway, I learned that:

*Lindsay Lohan hates Scarlett Johansson because Jared Leto dated Scarlett before her, and Scarlett is taken more seriously as an actress (according to Lindsay). Lindsay scrawled some unprintable graffiti about Scarlett in a bathroom. Hey, I'm not a big Scarlett fan either, but I wouldn't do that!

*Angelina was apparently pregnant before the divorce was final, and may even have been pregnant in July. I forget whether Jennifer and Brad had separated by then. Also, Brad has a brother who owns some kind of computer company. His name is Doug.

*Britney is no longer wearing her wedding ring. Sources say she and Kevin will split by the end of February. Predictable, but sad. I feel bad for the baby. She got a bindi at a Hindu temple. It was rather messy; there were splashes of red on her nose and shirt. I kind of like her better rounder, though I suppose her abs were a thing of wonder before.

Comments

Ashley Beth said…
I never struck you as an US girl! I'm shocked and a tad appauled!! I'll catch up on the celeb gossip next weekend. ;)
Ashley Beth said…
Actually, I've never struck you at all. Sorry for the violent language. :-) Maybe, I meant to say "took you for!"
HA
Caro said…
Ooh, thanks for the gossip. I was eyeballing the magazine. I have to say that I am tired of seeing Jennifer Aniston's face everywhere but I am still sucking up the juicy details.
Do they have to name the magazine Us? I sure hope I'm not that much of a loser as them.

Why can't we all just get along?

By the way, did you know Whitney Houston has always been jealous of Mariah Carey because she knows Ms. Carey's hotter and has a better voice? And yes, Arsenio Hall and Paula Abdul had a thing going on. Betcha didn't hear that in Us magazine. The ZS has his sources. ;)
Bearette said…
Hehe - thanks for the dish, ZS!!

New Mezger - of course you would never strike me ;)

Carolyn - I'm actually sicker of Jessica Simpson than Jennifer Aniston...for a while, they were sending me issues with Jessica all over the cover, and they went straight to the recycling bin! Now Jessica is relegated to a small square on the cover...progress ;)
Bearette - As annoying as Anniston is, she has some talent. Simpson has very little, if at all.

I could see Anniston having a career ten years from now. Simpson won't. Hopefully Simpson's sister will go away within five.
SK said…
Hopefully they'll both go away sooner than that! So sick of those spoiled sisters.. and their father is sooo creepy. What baptist preacher father would sexify his daughters like that? and that earring he wears makes him look gay. NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT
Bearette said…
hehe...he is so creepy! he apparently said something like, "you can't miss those knockers!" about jessica.

*vomit*

ZS - I agree; I'm a tentative Jennifer Aniston fan (I think she's a better TV than movie actress). I'm not a Jessica Simpson fan at all. Although I feel bad for her, having a perverted father . More perverted than the average male, I mean ;)
Caro said…
Jessica Simpson isn't as pretty you would think given the fuss that is made about her.

I don't mind Jennifer Aniston as an actress. I get mighty tired of seeing the same face on every magazine all the time, is all.

This too shall pass.

Of course, I know nothing about Aniston's and Pitt's private life but still can't help seeing him as a total puke now.

Maybe he and Tom Cruise can hang out at the puke bar together and compare Katie and Angelina's ultrasound pics.
Bearette said…
hehe...it would be funny if they became friends.
Frema said…
I'm no Brangelina fan, and I don't think much of Brad at all anymore, but Brad and Jennifer announced their separation in January, and I think she filed for divorce in March, so the couple is in the clear.

Also, I thought Angelina was due in June, so that would place her getting pregnant sometime around September. Not that I keep track of this sort of thing. :)
Bearette said…
Maybe you should work as a fact checker for them!
Lisa said…
They separated in January but the divorce wasn't final until October---well after Angelina would have been preggers.

And supposedly Aniston found out from one of Pitt's relatives---not from him.

I've picked up US the past two weeks. Gah.

Did you hear that Kate Moss's new b-f still had a girlfriend back in NYC when he was photographed kissing her in Aspen? And Eva Longoria was making out with Jamie Foxx at a post-Globes do---even though she's supposedly still with Tony Parker.

I love me some gossip.
Bearette said…
eva just can't sit still! i think she was two-timing JC Chasez and Tony parker back in the day.
Ashley Beth said…
Y'all are hilarious! I can't even remember the actresses names on my favorite t.v. shows! I've learned more about celebrity gossip this weekend, reading Potoatos' comments than any other times combined!

But for the record, I don't know what would happen to my ethics if I looked like Eva Longoria. I'd hope I would be the same sweet, sensitive, pure lady I've always been, but I have to say, I might just turn into a big 'ole hussy! :-)
Bearette said…
Hehe!!!! I love her character on the show. She picks fights with nuns! And the nun bites her! Awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!