A joke and three thoughts

OK, I can't resist posting this. My friend Carpe sent me this joke in an email...

A bear walks into a bar in Billings, Montana and sits down. He bangs on the
bar with his paw and demands a beer.

The bartender approaches and says, "We don't serve beer to bears in bars in
Billings."

The bear, becoming angry, demands again that he be served a beer.

The bartender tells him again, more forcefully, "We don't serve beer to
belligerent bears in bars in Billings."

The bear, very angry now, says, "If you don't serve me a beer, I'm going to
eat that lady sitting at the end of the bar."

The bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve beer to belligerent, bully bears
in bars in Billings"

The bear goes to the end of the bar, and, as promised, eats the woman. He
comes back to his seat and again demands a beer.

The bartender states, "Sorry, we don't serve beer to belligerent, bully
bears in bars in Billings who are on drugs."

The bear says, "I'm NOT on drugs."

>>.........You're gonna love this......... (scroll down)
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

The bartender says, "You are now. That was a barbitchyouate!"

Three thoughts:

1) I'm addicted to Gala apples. Do you have a favorite apple?

2) I often take my mother's movie recommendations, or anti-recommendations, without question. She advised me not to see Closer, Million Dollar Baby, or Broken Flowers. Now that most of these movies are on DVD...what do you think? Was I right to skip them?

3) We might see the new Queen Latifah movie this weekend. D is a big Queen Latifah fan. If we see it, I will review. I don't even dare to look at the rottentomatoes.com rating for this one ;)

Comments

Lisa said…
Hee!

Gala are good, but my faves are red delicious.

Skip Closer. Watch MDB. Don't know about the third.

Have fun!
Caro said…
Pink Lady apples are to die for. Jonagolds come in second followed by Golden Delicious.

Haven't watched ANY of those movies. Can't hear movies over the kids anywhere.

I like Queen Latifah movies.

word verification - lvminuf
Bearette said…
I saw some Pink Ladies at the supermarket today...
Christiane said…
Not my usual cup of tea, but the Queen Latifah movie was a lot of fun. Of course, I had two margaritas prior which might have helped. Still, highly recommended to anyone having a bad day, PMS and contemplating big life changes.

Hope you enjoy.
Bearette said…
Hi MSP! I actually just came back from the Queen Latifah movie, and liked it.
Ashley Beth said…
loved the joke.

I usually do the opposite my mom suggests about movies and she loved Million Dollar Baby and I think she liked Closer. hmmmm. Take that how you will. ;)

Maybe we'll go see Queen Latifah today. Looks cute. Thanks for the idea.
Anonymous said…
Bwahaha! That was too funny. I will try to tell it sometime. Maybe tonight, actually. M's band is playing a show and I might be able to entertain the crowd. :-)

Love Galas and Braeburns....
Bearette said…
Carolyn, I tried a Pink Lady apple on your recommendation. Very good :)
Lora said…
My fav are Braeburn. I actually did an apple tasting and comparison a few years ago. Gala and Fuji were on the top of my list too.
1) Yes. Fuji apples.

2) Closer was horrible. Absolutely horrible. I lost respect for Portman for doing that horrible, horrible movie. One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Million Dollar Baby was okay, worth seeing. Very sad though.

3) And Queen Latifah is sexy. I said that on another of your posts. As for the movie, I'll probably rent it.
Lish said…
I love Pink Lady apples. I hated Closer, but I still think you should see it.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!