A blog entry from dial-up land

I'm writing this from Danvers, MA, using my mother's dial-up. It took about 20 minutes to get to this page, I am not even kidding. Anyway, I came home for today and tomorrow because one of the friends of the family is sick, and I wanted to visit her. We're going to see her tomorrow, and possibly go for Indian food afterward with my SIL at Bollywood Grill.

Tonight we had dinner with my brother, SIL and their two kids. My SIL, L, made roasted veggies. I especially love orange roasted veggies, e.g. sweet potatoes and squash, so that was quite yummy. She also combined cremini and shiitake mushrooms with some kind of sauce and a crispy crepe on top. Though I am not usually a mushroom person, these were quite good. Cremini mushrooms are apparently baby portobellos. Did you know that? I didn't.

At 8:00 the doorbell rang and they went outside to find a plastic pumpkin filled with goodies. Apparently this is called "booing." You have to put up a sign to show you have been booed, and then you boo someone else (NOT the person you suspect booed you). So my niece, H, made a sign with an orange skeleton to proclaim their booed-ness to the world, or at least the neighborhood, and we promptly drove to another house to boo them. You need to flee before they see you doing it.

I discovered to my dismay that I forgot clean undies for tomorrow. My mother found a bra in my size and a pair of GRANNY PANTIES. Yes, like the ones in Bridget Jones (the original).

Repeat after me:

Bearette does not wear granny panties.

Mom said, "You're going to wear dirty underwear to the Indian restaurant? And to visit W?"

I replied, "They won't know."

I miss all your blogs, but I'll check them tomorrow night back in Manhattan. I think it might take several hours if I did it here. It's nice to be home, though.

Comments

Lish said…
I'm going home this weekend myself, and my mom doesn't have a computer. I'm trying to check all the blogs I read tonight.
Caro said…
What's the matter with granny panties? hee hee
Bearette said…
They hurt! Bikinis don't bite your tummy ;)
Anonymous said…
I think you're better off with the dirty undies. Then again, I probably would have made my mother drive me to Wal-Mart or something for a cheap pair.

I didn't know people even had dial up anymore!
Bearette said…
Hehe, my mother does. I think she should get a new computer and some DSL.

I decided to wear the underwear inside out, which seemed to work for everyone ;)

Also, I guess granny panties don't hurt, they're just a little constricting and scary looking.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!