Hello

So I went to the doctor this morning. Good things are happening, I continue to inch up the scale but E is free of Down Syndrome and spina bifida, and his heart is pumping away like a good soldier. It is fun hearing it through the doctor's little Doppler device.

The doctor cheerfully told me that the next two months are the "honeymoon period" -- very little muscular/skeletal pain, I can feel the baby moving so that's reassuring, and then she dropped the bomb -- I will gain 70% of my pregnancy weight during this period. Egads. I guess I just need to "let go."

In other news, a friend of D's...well, I'll back up. This friend is fond of extravagant gifts out of nowhere. Once he bought a foosball table for D's office (D is a foosball fiend, though he kindly lets my nephew win) and once he surprised us with Billy Joel tickets.

Well, he's going to be in town on Sunday, and asked if we wanted to go to dinner. We said yes. Then he sent an email that literally said:

Before dinner, the four of us will be seeing a play! Meet me and [newest girlfriend] at [Broadway theater] at 3:00.

It turns out the play is by Tom Stoppard and probably good, based on another friend's report. And we didn't have plans for Sunday afternoon. D thanked him for the tickets and gently suggested that next time he might want to check first to make sure we were free before buying tickets. So the friend wrote back, "Oops! I forgot to mention we're going on a 7-day cruise."

I think he's kidding ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm way too much of a planner to spring a surprise like that on someone. Sounds like fun, though. Tell him my husband needs a new car!
Elsa said…
Glad all is well with the baby - I'm sure you're relieved.

And what a nice and generous friend!! If its the play I think it is (R&R) - well, I've heard good reviews for it. I can't wait to hear what you thought of it. I've never seen it myself.

And, unlike Liz, I don't have to plan ahead for a play or musical - so if someone sprang it on me the day of...I'd be game...as long as I wasn't 4 hours away from Broadway ;)

BTW, have fun on the 7-day cruise ;)
Mz.Elle said…
LOL I hope he is! I'm a planner too. Sure I like surprises but come on..lol. He's sounds like a great guy:)

I'm glad all is well with you.
You're doc is so right about the honeymoon period,but if I remember right it was only the last week or so that was really bad and that's only because you're going to be SO impatient to meet your wee bean:)
Anonymous said…
"E?" Eli? Eric? Ezekial? Elric? What is it? Guess I have to wait till the birth, huh. :(
Tracy said…
Yay for healthy baby!! : )

And I don't think I'd mind having a cruise sprung on me... vacay sounds nice! No better time than while you are pain free, right?
Poppy said…
Tom Stoppard! YEEEEE!!!!!! Love, love, love!!!!!!
Bearette said…
Liz - I'll put him on it ;)

Elsa - that's the one.

C - it's one of those :)

T - I think I'm too much of a planner for that one..also might go stir crazy ;) But definitely, yay for healthy baby!

P - This will be my first exposure. I'm planning to blog about it.
Bearette said…
Ms. L - wee bean, I like that. I'm sure I will be impatient :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!