Furniture and some onesies

Thanks to everyone for your comments and emails...I feel like much less of a furniture ignoramus now! In my defense, I've only bought 2 pieces of furniture in my life: a futon and a chair. At the same place in Boston or Cambridge, in 1999.

I guess my philosophy is - if you can't wear it, eat it or read it - I'm not going to buy it. Usually.

But now, armed with the advice of my expert readers, I have made some decisions! Which are open to change.

Here's the crib I'm thinking of. I love the cherry wood. It needs to be assembled, but D says we can hire someone to do it. Also, the comments say it is easy to assemble. And it's still hundreds of dollars less than the one at Buy Buy Baby (even after shipping). What's not to love?

Stacking baskets! $14.99 each instead of a $600-$800 dresser from Buy Buy Baby. Woo!

Changing pad! Instead of a changing table.

And here are some onesies I bought at Old Navy:

Comments

Mz.Elle said…
Awww! I love the onesies!
Tooo darn cute:)
Caro said…
Isn't it exciting! Cute crib and onesies.

Also, I keep forgetting to reccomend The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy. It's a hoot and well worth reading.
Bearette said…
I'll have to check it out. I know it's popular :)
Silverstar said…
Cute. I like the one that says "Thrill seeker" on it with the picture of a turtle.:)
Caro said…
These are cool too if your bedroom is wide enough. Especially cool if you plan on nursing cuz baby is right there.

http://babybungalow.com/arreaccosvar.html

They're the arm's reach co-sleepers. They hook to your bed.
Elsa said…
I love the crib - it's a very rich color - very nice.

And the onsies are cute, too. I think baby clothes are the most adorable things. I don't have kids, but whenever I go by baby clothes, it's an automatic "ahhhh - so cute" or "look at that one" or "it's little people clothes". It's hard not to like.
Anonymous said…
Apparently, either baby Gap or Gymboree has little sweaters (probably for babies a little older) with elbow patches on them! I thought they were the cutest thing ever.
Bearette said…
How professorial! :) Maybe I should get him a little tweed jacket too. I guess I can only buy him summer clothes, though, b/c he's coming in June and it will probably be hot here by then.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!