New tank top and dessert

Here is my newest knitted tank top:



At first, I was displeased with it. I used 3 skeins left over from my sweater, but one of them had patches of discoloration, which became little grey stitches. Then I realized I could do "duplicate stitches" -- i.e., use a darning needle to put yarn over the offending stitches.

You might ask: "Why didn't you return the yarn, Bearette?"

Answer: The yarn is non-returnable after you have them spin it into a ball for you. Plus, I had already done a bunch of knitting by the time the spots appeared.

The tank top also called for crochet. The straps are chain stitch and the edges are single crochet.

Also, I had a really good dessert tonight. It was a little bowl of puff pastry, half-filled with maple almond custard (but it was vegan, so no eggs) and splashed with berries. Yum.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love puff pastry.
Elsa said…
I love the color pink that you've been using.

I also love puff pastry...actually, I love most pastry...puff or non-puff! :)
Bearette said…
I'm sure you both would have loved it :)

I'm branching out and using light green for my next piece (a shrug to wear in air-conditioning)!
Lisa said…
I am so impressed. I haven't yet braved crochet. Wow.

And yum on the pastry! I'm sooo craving something sweet now, though. Darn you.
OhMyHeart said…
i'm surprised...i've never had a good vegan dessert! hmm..
Bearette said…
Heart - I see you are a New Yorker...you should try this place! Blossom on 9th & 21st.
Roxanne said…
Sounds yummy. I like the thin straps on this new tank. Any new projects on your needles (silly me, you've probably already finished your next project ;) ?
Bearette said…
The most interesting one is a light green shrug - I hope to finish it over the next couple of days :) I also have a sock and hat languishing on the needles.
blackcrag said…
OK, I'm sure that all means something... but I don't know what.
Mike Minzes said…
Great blog!! I will be back for more!!
Bearette said…
BC - the crochet bit? Those are just different stitches, different ways of pulling yarn loops through each other.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!