Man whores and libraries

Today D and I ate outdoors at this cafe; we had veggie burgers and watermelon (!), and there were two dogs nearby. One was sitting on his owner's lap; the other was lying, sad-eyed, on the floor. I went over to hang out with it and the owner let her off her leash. The owner's friend explained, "That's Emma. She likes you!" Emma came over to our table, wagging her tail, and sniffed the onion on the floor but didn't eat it. The friend went on: "Joe [pointing to the lap dog] is a different story. He's a whore. He's a MAN WHORE. He just wants to be patted. But Emma is very particular. You know how you can tell when she's excited? She raises an eyebrow."

Afterward I went to the library, where I took out The School for Husbands (by Wendy Holden, a fun British writer); Touchy Subjects (short stories by Emma Donoghue, whose novel, Slammerkin, was very good but dark); and The Raw Shark Texts (which is huge, and I managed to drop it on my ankle).

It occurred to me that I am klutzy outside yoga, but coordinated when I'm teaching yoga. What gives? I realized there are no props for me to drop in yoga. Of course, some people use props in yoga, but I'm glad I don't use them for that reason! I think they just make stuff harder.

Has anyone noticed that Blogger forces you to type slowly now? Maybe it's due to the new auto-save feature. Or maybe it's my computer. Either way, it's frustrating, but maybe it forces me to think more about what I'm writing.

Comments

Mz.Elle said…
"She raises an eyebrow"hee hee
I love that.

I have a wallermelon(as my daughter used to call them)
waiting for me in my fridge:)
Bearette said…
Yummy! Wallermelon is my favorite thing to eat in the summer ;)
Poppy said…
Are you trying to up your blog's rating?! Man whores, indeed! ;)
Bearette said…
Hee...I'm shooting for NC-17 ;)
Iamthebookworm said…
I did notice that blogger was slower. I thought it was my computer.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!