Billy's Bakery

I tried Billy's Bakery tonight and really enjoyed it. They have reassuring mint walls and pastry cases full of goodies. They even had a basket of two-for-one blueberry muffins (perhaps they were getting long in the tooth), but they couldn't compete with the cupcakes.
I got a yellow cupcake with pink icing. Even though both Billy's and Magnolia claim that all the colors are vanilla buttercream icing and therefore taste the same, I think the pink tastes better.

I got it to stay, but the tables were all full, so I made my way to the door, with D at my side. He pressed the door closed so I couldn't go out and started to grab my plate.

Me: What are you doing? (thinking: if you want a piece, I'll give it to you; no need to trap me here).

He explained later that he thought the plate was fancy china and we shouldn't leave the store with it.

It was plastic.

Comments

Roxanne said…
Chinet perhaps? At least he wasn't trying to steal your cupcake. ;)
Bearette said…
I know, that's a relief, right?
;)
This suzy said…
I can believe that a different color icing tastes better, even if they're all supposed to be the same. I'm glad they didn't sway you from the truth! ;)
Elsa said…
I just hopped on to their website - YUMMY! I'll definitely have to try out Bill's Bakery next time I'm in NYC. I can't believe I missed that one! :)
Bearette said…
Yes, you should definitely check them out! I thought they were better than Magnolia (though D disagreed).
Mz.Elle said…
LOL
I have to find me plastic plates like that!
I haven't had a cupcake in so long...
Roxanne said…
I just checked out the link and clicked on the cheesecake with the nuts on top. I'm drooling.......

Adding to the list. :)
Caro said…
I am a woman on Weight Watchers.

You're killing me cupcake girl. :P
Bearette said…
Hehe...there are 3,000 miles between you and the cupcake, you're safe ;) They are very tempting though...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!