Because she can

I just finished reading Because She Can by Bridie Clark, which I really enjoyed. It's the story of a girl who works for publishing behemoth Judith Regan (who's fired now, anyway). In the novel, her name is Vivian Grant. It surprised me that the real Judith Regan didn't make an appearance in the text - a standard CYA move. In The Devil Wears Prada, Lauren Weisberger makes sure that Anna Wintour meets her fictional counterpart, Miranda Priestly -- and notes that Anna is "much nicer." Ha.

Anyway, I thought this book was much better. Very well written, and not long and bloated like Prada. Unfortunately, it probably won't get as much attention because Prada came out first and Anna Wintour is a bit higher-profile. But one can hope.

I lost my usual sun hat one day when I did CPR training (yoga-related), and D found me another one on eBay. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but I got two compliments on it in one day! From random people off the street, no less.

Comments

Caro said…
I love that hat. I thought maybe you had made it because you are so crafty.
Bearette said…
Thanks! It's actually made out of paper. Really :)
Poppy said…
That hat is quite adorable!!
Amy said…
You are clearly a big fan of pink! I've never been able to pull off wearing a hat, though I did have to wear a ball cap for a work-related function a couple of weeks ago.
Mz.Elle said…
I love that hat!
Paper? That's so cool!
Bearette said…
Thanks, all!

Amy-it's my favorite color :)
Anonymous said…
I wear baseball caps with ease, but I never feel quite right in regular hats. Like, the brim always seems too low and I can't see. Maybe I have an odd-shaped head. Anyway, the hat looks great, and random compliments from stranger is a good sign that it works on you.
That's a cute hat! I envy you - I look like a dork when I try to wear hats. :-P
kj said…
i loooove that hat. i'll bet you look fantastic wearing it! made of paper? i thought it was knitted. i have to look again.
Bearette said…
KJ - yes, it really doesn't look like paper! i thought it was crocheted when we saw it on ebay. but then i saw the label...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!