So T and I went to see Knocked Up today. First we had brunch at a place I've never tried before (well, only for dinner). It had an enticing list of pancakes, so I figured it was worth a try. Unfortunately the pancakes were rubbery and the bananas were overripe...how can you mess up bananas? But the gay couple next to us adopted us, and provided plenty of tableside entertainment. One guy was waiting a long time for the other one to arrive. "I have 2 margaritas and they're both going to be gone by the time he gets here," he said, laughing. Turns out the other guy doesn't even drink!

The guy who was waiting had flowers for the other. "He's the first guy I've ever bought flowers for who didn't run in the opposite direction," he said. Meanwhile, the one who was late was filling us in on his ill family member (complete with names of the entire clan). So I told the one who had been waiting, and was still a little peeved: "He's committed to his family. He's a nice guy." He nodded and whispered to T, "She's right. I'm going to keep him." The other guy kissed our hands when we left!

The movie itself was pretty good. I gave the first half an A, the second half a B, and decided the whole thing got a B+. At first it was totally hilarious and ridiculous. Then they had to bust out the drama and seriousness. One woman in the movie didn't really know when to stop. She would get mad at her husband for getting pink cupcakes instead of yellow. Loosen up! Besides, everyone knows pink is better.

[Small spoiler]

Then she thought her husband was having an affair, and when she found out he was just playing fantasy baseball with his friends, she said, "That's worse!" Is she for real? I thought the fantasy baseball was fine. It bothered me much more when he had his nose in a stripper's butt, but maybe that's just me.

Comments

bdogg_mcgee said…
I agree. The sister was a bit neurotic and shrewish.....high maintenance is probably a good description. I also could have done without part of the birth scene. I think you'll know which part I'm talking about....

All in all, though, I enjoyed the movie. :)
Bearette said…
Oh yeah, i know the one!! at first i was shocked that they would show it...but my friend thought it was some kind of a mold, like a plaster cast or something...i think she's right.

yeah, overall it was fun!
Poppy said…
I haven't seen the film, but I personally would find more objection to my husband's nose in a stripper's butt than him playing fantasy baseball. ...? I can't say for certain since neither situation has happened to me, but I'm 99.999% sure about it. :)
This suzy said…
I agree with you all: stripper is worse than fantasy baseball.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!