Rings and things

I was walking around today and a pink polka dot tank top in a store window caught my eye. So of course I went in. I got two tops, a ring and two gifts. The presents are for someone who has mad gift skills and is therefore difficult to shop for. You feel like your offerings will be horribly inadequate. I was pleased with what I got for her, though. D and I are maintaining a gift drawer so we can buy presents in advance and keep them there.

The tab came to $69 but $28 plus tax was for the gifts, and unselfish spending doesn't count, right? That's the way I like to look at it.

Anyway, I think I'm a ring size 5, and this is a 6. They didn't have the one I liked in a 5. It slides around on my finger a bit, but it's not in danger of falling off. So you're going to help me decide whether I should get it "ensmallened" or not.

Comparison with my other rings. The new ring is on the far right:



The ring on my hand:


Actually, the sliding around is annoying, so I'll probably get it resized. But your opinion is welcome :)

Comments

Poppy said…
The new ring is adorable! What about getting one of those things that sits on the back of the ring to force it to stick on your finger better? I don't know what it's called and I also don't know how to describe it any better than that.
Bearette said…
Yeah, I thought about that. I don't know what to call them either. Anybody know where to get them??
Bearette said…
Thanks re the ring! :)
Elsa said…
I like the ring - very cute.

They are called ring guards. Here is a website that I just found that offer plastic and metal ring guards http://www.classicdesignjewelers.com/closeouts.html

I've used a plastic ring guard before, but don't love them - they can be a bit obtrusive and not too comfortable. And I definitely wouldn't like having a ring that spins around on my finger. I would opt for getting it resized.

Good luck!
Bearette said…
Hey Elsa - thanks for the link! I'll look at it, and also see how much it will cost to get it resized. I live near the jewelry district, which is good.
Roxanne said…
I remember in high school, girls would wear their boyfriend's class ring. Inevitably, it would be huge, so many would put something like first aid tape wrapped around the back to make it much smaller. I'm guessing you don't want to go that route though. It's not very attractive and would make your pretty ring all icky and sticky.

I would personally get it re-sized.
Anonymous said…
I say get it resized, especially if your hands are anything like mine and they shrink in cold weather. Sometimes I take my wedding ring off when my house is cold and it jingles around on my finger.

Any pics of the new tops?
Anonymous said…
sliding rings are annoying!

I wound string around my boyfriend's ring in high school. I still have it, actually (both the ring and the string). :)
Anonymous said…
and the ring is very cute! I can see why you liked it.
This suzy said…
All the girls in high school that I saw had string or yarn wrapped around the back. That's probably not a great long-term solution, so resized is probably best. And the ring is really cute! :)
Bearette said…
Thanks, all. I think I will opt for re-sizing, though it will probably cost a little more than the ring ;)

Kitkat - i thought of putting the tops up, then thought the ring would be more exciting. maybe later, though.
jau said…
I love it!! I want it!! How about wearing it on your middle finger or the first finger?
Bearette said…
Jau - thanks! I tried wearing it on the middle finger, but I like it on the ring finger better. So I'm going to get it resized.

I like your avatar, by the way.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!