The Rainer chronicles

I know I already posted today, but I have to write a little bit about my friend Rainer. He is definitely my favorite cat. I visited him at the bookstore today. He jumped off this other girl's lap to get into mine, but I made friendly conversation with her to make up for it ;)

Today he started kneading right away. There's a place where my thigh meets my calf, just left of my knee, which he loves to knead with his paws. He purred a little bit -- a low, rusty sound -- as he did it. Then he turned to face me and eyed me speculatively. He decided his new favorite spot would be my right hipbone! So he kneaded that for the next few minutes. It was a really funny, tickly feeling; a bit like a massage, as an onlooker commented.

There was a dog there who looked like he wanted to eat Rainer! He kept licking his chops and straining forward on his leash. But I protected my cat :)

Comments

Roxanne said…
Sounds like D might need to start getting concerned...I think you're having an affair. ;)
Bearette said…
D said it is true love. Very pure ;)
This suzy said…
That's so sweet that he always comes to you.
Bearette said…
Suzy - It is :)
Amy said…
The next time I am in NYC I must go and meet Rainer :-)
Bearette said…
Amy - definitely worth it :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!