So last night we went to Dumont and the Rainer bookstore with DG. It was fabulous to see Rainer, as always. He abandoned some other girl to come over to me. (I know, it's unseemly to be happy about that...but I am. I like being his favorite :) And when I left, he cried. Just once, but it was really heartbreaking. I patted him some more and promised him I'd come back. And then he calmed down.

We shared 2 desserts at the resto...apple crumble and chocolate chip cookie. Surprisingly, I preferred the cookie. I usually like the fruit-based desserts, but it was just not sweet enough.

I have a quantity of yarn that I intended to use for a sweater, but I ended up using other yarn. So now I'm making hats and other accessories to use it up. I've done two hats with it so far. Hats are probably my favorite thing to knit. Simple, but they can embellished. And they don't take too long.



One more thing. I had mentioned librarything.com before. Well, it's this fun (and incredibly nerdy!) tool you can use to catalogue all your books. You can include books you've read, own, or want to read. I'm trying to include all the books I can remember, but there's one I can only half-remember, and it's nagging at me. It was set in the revolutionary war period and there were soldiers quartered in the girl's house. I think it was published by Dell Yearling. Either YA or children's. I also think the author was named Rebecca, but I could be wrong. Has anybody heard of it?

Comments

This suzy said…
If I were in your shoes, I would also be really happy about Ranier abandoning the other girl when I got there! So don't feel too bad. ;)
Anonymous said…
Super cute hats! And I too love Library Thing. Such nerdy goodness. Thanks for popping by my blog.
Anonymous said…
Did you read the book when you were a kid? Or was it published more recently?
Bearette said…
Liz - I read it when I was a kid, probably in the early '80s.
Anonymous said…
Maybe it was Ruffles and Drums, by Betty Cavanna?
Mz.Elle said…
Ooooh I'm a nerd too,librarything.com sounds great!

Hehehehe,I love that Ranier ditched the other girl:)
Bearette said…
Ms. L - hehe!

Liz - no, I don't think so :( thanks for checking, though. maybe it's out of print.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!