It's kind of grey and lifeless, weather-wise, in New York. In a way I like it, because when it's sunny and warm, I feel obligated to go outside. When it's cloudy, I can wander outside, but it's not required and there are fewer people :)

(Yes, I don't like large groups, yet I always score as an extrovert on those personality tests. Hmm. Maybe I am an "intimate extrovert.")

Have become addicted to librarything.com. I don't know why. It's a place where you can catalogue whichever books you want (ones you've read, loved, hated or want to read). For some reason, I got hooked.

Am currently knitting a sea-foam green shrug (a thingy you can put on your shoulders, with a little back and front). I'll put up a picture when I'm done. I realized socks and me are not really meant to be...I get bored with the slow progress on #3 needles using floss-like yarn.

We went to DG's birthday party on Saturday night. There were three distinct groups at the party: journalists; me, D, and a little posse I carved out on the couch, consisting of a girl C and her husband; and fashionistas. The fashionistas disquieted me, and it took me a while to figure out why. None of them had hips.

On the way home, C and I saw a T-shirt in a window. It was black with white letters: "Come to the dark side...we have cookies." It showed a smiling, friendly-looking devil hugging a big plate of cookies. Unfortunately, I've checked a couple locations of the store and they don't have the T-shirt inside. Maybe I should buy the one in the window.

Comments

Caro said…
Firsties! Hee hee.

Maybe the fashionistas had hips. It's just that their waists were so big, there was no contrast. :P
Roxanne said…
Caro- I used to resemble that remark (unfortunately). Still funny though. :)
Anonymous said…
I feel the same way about sunny weather. I think living in southern California would be exhausting, since I'd constantly feel the need to be outside doing something.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!