Yay!

I just taught class at LL and it went really well. AT came, which is always nice, and a woman from another studio came to watch. One woman came up to me before class and said, with some barely discernible accent (maybe Australian?), "I am not very flexible, so sometimes I need to be adjusted." Then every time I adjusted her, she grinned and said, "Thanks." After class, she said, "Your voice is so relaxing! It made me feel like, I can do this." I thought that was a really nice thing to say.

Afterward AT asked if I wanted to get some tea, and several people standing around the studio recommended City Bakery, but we both found it too bleak and sterile, and went to Cupcake Cafe instead. The cafe was connected to a children's bookstore, and little kids were digging into cupcakes all around us. I had a yogurt (which had high fructose corn syrup, alas) and some fantastic ginger root tea. AT had a maple walnut cupcake, and we talked about our lives and watched a woman pipe icing onto a small, round cake. The intensity of her concentration made me think it was meditative.

On that note, you may want to check out the Vegan Lunch Box. Each lunchbox is a work of art. She has even inspired me to be a part-time vegan (I can't give up yogurt, but I can cut back on cheese.)

Comments

Lisa said…
Yay! Now don't you feel silly for all your fretting? ;-) You'll soon have a loyal following.

Mmmm. Cupcakes. I could use a cupcake today.
Caro said…
If you can stand vegan cheese, go to www.followyourheart.com.

I'm glad your class went well.
Bearette said…
interesting! i also found out about veganessentials.com (from Vegan Lunch Box).

Joanne Stepaniak (cookbook author, Table for Two) also makes a "cheese" sauce with nutritional yeast flakes, garlic flakes and tahini. Sounds scary, but it's actually very good.
Elsa said…
Wow - that Vegan Lunch Box is a great site. Who knew you eating vegan could look so good!

When I was a pure vegetarian (which I was for several years - now I eat fish, but no other animal meats), I tried to go vegan, but that last 2 days. I had such a hard time giving up dairy.
Anonymous said…
I used to do cake decorating as a little business. It really is meditative! Hours would go by and suddenly I'd realize that my neck muscles were seizing up from bending over the table.
Bearette said…
Elsa - isn't it beautiful? I could never last as a full-time vegan either.

Liz - that's so fun! I was just saying to D, it must be so satisfying to make cakes...
bdogg_mcgee said…
I LOVE Vegan Lunchbox! She's so creative...

Why do NYC places have the cutest names? Cupcake Cafe? Big Booty Bread Co? Sigh. I'm going to have to come visit.

Oh, I just looked at the label of my yogurt, and no HFCS! It's Blue Bunny Lite 85. Yay!

I think we should start a bakery/cafe and decorate cakes and such. We could call it the Blogger Bakery or something.

Gosh I'm weird this morning...
Bearette said…
that would be fun! :)

my yogurt at home is safe from hfcs as well..stonyfield farm & 365 brand. ;)
Anonymous said…
It's satisfying. :) The only problem is cleaning the powdered sugar dust from the counters, the floors, my hair... ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!