I feel like I have yoga coming out my ears! Not a bad thing, just a lot going on. I taught my second full-length class today at 2:30 pm. I didn't bother telling most of the people I know because they have full-time jobs, but AT was able to come. He's a Spanish teacher/grad student so his schedule is more flexible than most. He brought along a friend, which was nice.

The class was a lot smaller than the one I had in January...maybe more people are still on vacation in January? - but I actually liked the small group better. More intimate and cozy. It was funny, at one point I did crow, and then asked the class if they wanted to do side crow; this one woman, laughing, said, "No." I like it when people are honest like that.

Anyhow, I'm scheduling an audition at a running center (yoga for runners, easy on the knees with lots of stretching) and scheduling an audition with the manager of another studio. I also have a subbing gig on Sunday the 19th, another subbing gig on Sunday the 26th, I'm teaching a class on Thursday the 28th, and I probably have another audition in April (the auditioneer is currently in L.A., but wants to schedule one when she gets back).

I think it's easier each time. I was barely nervous at all today. During class, that is. I am always nervous before.

At Whole Foods today I found a second-thoughts cookie. Someone had picked out a cookie, wrapped it up in plastic and abandoned it among the bread loaves. I guess they had second thoughts. I also saw stacks and stacks of chocolate cakes with chocolate frosting and pink rosebuds. Very yummy-looking. I love aesthetic desserts.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like that...a "second thoughts" cookie. It always makes me sad to find second thoughts items around the store...were they not good enough? :) I'm glad you're getting to do lots of yoga gigs!
Anonymous said…
Great class, Bearette! My friend and I had lots of fun. And my back feels great.
Anonymous said…
I was in Whole Foods on Monday night and I was admiring the baked goods, too. I saw these adroable mini apple cakes that had little marzipan apples on top.
Michelle said…
I hope the auditions go well. It's so funny that at my gym, I've had 2 classes with 2 different teachers - and they have different teaching philosophies. One is all about doing each pose right (and a little drill sargeant about it) and the other is about leading the class and helping students along the way.
Bearette said…
Thanks, guys...

M - My goal is for people to have a good workout, but not feel totally exhausted. I think I succeeded ;)
Bearette said…
Re the baked goods...they always put them near the checkout lane so you'll be tempted...
Anonymous said…
You should talk to my Tuesday night step instructor. I am always totally pooped after her classes.

But I sure sleep well on those nights!
Bearette said…
Liz - my yoga mentor was like that! His class can be too exhausting though. He was saying once that sometimes people fidget during savasana (the relaxation period at the end), but in his class, they fall asleep ;)
Caro said…
You sound busy!
Lora said…
Good job at lining up those auditions. Any word on the one you had last week?
Bearette said…
nope, no word. i can't think of anything i did wrong though, so i'm not torturing myself about it. i guess sometimes they're just looking for a certain vibe or something.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!