Friday bits

I took yoga from 2-3. It was taught by one of the girls from my yoga program, and it was fabulous. We did a restorative supta baddha konasana pose (goddess) at the end, with a bolster under your spine, a blanket folded in a square under your head, and a long blanket wrapped over your knees, with the soles of your feet together. It felt really good. I was like, can I stay here forever?

I know this hasn't been a pictorial blog lately, but I sent my camera off for repairs for the third time. According to the warranty, third time's the charm, and they should send me a new camera now. Of course, they might wiggle out of it. If I don't receive a new one, or one as bad as before, I'll be soliciting your recommendations for good, but not horribly expensive cameras. In the meanwhile, I have my non-digital camera, but those are like dinosaurs ;)

Tonight we're going to Zen Palate with AT. We recently discovered their upstairs section, which has a swankier menu (usually I like it simple) but they have a dish that is god's gift to man or woman. It's called Wheel of Dharma...these nice big mushrooms (and I don't usually even like mushrooms! these are empire mushrooms, or something) arranged on end in a circle, nestled in a bed of butternut squash with shredded almonds sprinkled over and some kind of oniony sage sauce around the edges of the dish. You're thinking, Bearette, that has no protein...but it's really good anyway. And I guess there's some protein in the mushrooms and almonds.

Afterward we'll see Inside Man...not sure if AT is going to see it too. Tomorrow I have a bridal shower where teacups and cake will be featured. This is where I am feeling the loss of my camera...I won't be able to share the cake with you!

Also, the bride, T, wants to have a yoga class on the morning of her wedding, taught by me. Don't worry, the wedding is at night, so she won't be rushing sweaty down the aisle or anything. I would love to have the class in Central Park, but the weather may not agree with us. We'll see...

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Comments

Lora said…
What a nice way to start of her wedding day and how wonderful that she thought of you to teach it. Enjoy your night out.
verniciousknids said…
That is such a wonderful idea - she'll be so chilled when she walks down the aisle :)

Dinner sounds nice - enjoy!
Anonymous said…
I only hope the bride can relax enough to enjoy the yoga session!

I hope you let us know how Inside Man is. I was debating whether or not that looked good.
Bearette said…
It was really good (both dinner and movie)...though knowing me, the dinner was a little better ;) i put a little review up above...
Anonymous said…
Mmm... I love mushrooms. I wish I had a picture of that dish! ;)
Bearette said…
:) I'll definitely have it again after I get my camera back...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!