This and that

So we went to an Ethiopian restaurant with AT, and I had some of the blackberry honey wine I'd been thinking about for a while. Once I asked the staff, "Is it from Ethiopia?" and they said "No, New Jersey."

Then we went to the Hungarian Pastry Shop. (No cute name like Hungary Wungary, sorry.) The counter lady steered me away from the yellow petit four I was eyeing. I got some mediocre blueberry thing on her recommendation. It was very disappointing. So I had some of D's chocolate mousse cake and then AT got the coveted petit four. It was the last one! We shared it.

I was mad at the counter woman for leading me astray, but D and AT said I needed to take personal responsibility. There was fun graffiti in the bathroom. One guy wrote, "I tried, but the short brunette behind the counter wasn't selling. She's a hot piece!" Another guy wrote with an arrow, "She's the hottest one!" Then someone sketched a bed with pillows and wrote, "Bush in bed with the Saudis." I looked at the counter women on the way out, but they all had dark hair. They were all kind of short too. So, no way to tell.

Patted many dogs on the way home.

*Lali and Bouchero. The owner let their leashes go. They sniffed the garbage. Lali likes to put everything in her mouth.

*A black Lab with very sweet eyes who wanted to be a guide dog, but was deemed not confident enough. Paired with a crazy shih tzu who kept jumping.

*A lamb-like dog who chewed my hair with vigor. Who knows how many split ends I have now. I swear it was trying to swallow.

*A sweet black shaggy dog.

*Two small white dogs.

And for bonus points:

*There is a hair salon on 6th or 7th Ave where a bulldog always sits right inside the glass door and gazes out with melancholy eyes. The other day, AT and I saw a different bulldog inside. It was very frisky and wrapped its mouth around my hand, but didn't use its teeth. The bulldog was named Junior.

Me: "So is the other bulldog named Senior?"

Hair Guy: "No, he's just Bob."

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like Hungary Wungary. Maybe we should start calling it that!
Elsa said…
I'm with you...I hate when someone steers me to something else and its not very good. On the flip side, I LOVE when somone steers to to something else and it IS very good. More often than not, I take the waiters/waitresses advice on what to have (after telling them I've narrowed it down to 2 or 3 things) and for the most part, I haven't been disappointed. But there's always that one time, where you order something because someone told you to and you and its not very good and you just pout the rest of the night...well, maybe not pout, but you get the picture
Poppy said…
"just Bob," that made me chuckle. :)
jules said…
Geez - how do you have contact with all of these dogs! You are too funny! I love the doggie descriptions!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!