I'm baaack

I'm back in beloved NYC...like Madonna, "other places make me feel like a dork." Just kidding. I do seem to fit in here better than anywhere else though. I'm not sure why.

The demolition crew polished off about a third of the building across the street. I'm hoping they won't wake us up at 7 am tomorrow. Can't you sleep through anything if you're tired enough? We'll see.

Conclusions from the flight: The flight from Miami to NYC is more pleasant than vice versa, and shorter, maybe because of the wind. They showed the same episodes of various sitcoms as they did on the flight to Miami...bad planning! I can't stand Scrubs. I'm sorry, it's supposed to be all cute and lovable, but all I can do is compare it unfavorably to Grey's Anatomy. Last Sunday's episode, when Meredith slept with George...was that horrendous or what? D was laughing, the heartless scoundrel ;)

When we got back to the apartment building, I saw one of my favorite resident doggies, Pinocchio. Pinocchio is a dachshund, very low to the ground. I said to him, "You are so cute it should be illegal!" D found this amusing. Pinocchio used to be very outgoing, then he was shy for a while. Another dog, Balthazar, apparently scared him. But he seems to be recovering.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I saw the cutest dachshund over this past weekend. He was a mix, I think, but he was the happiest dog I've ever seen. Later, he was joined by a monstrous golden retriever, who was also cute.

To date, I've never watched anything on a plane. I don't care for sitcoms and the movies have always been bad!
Caro said…
I've never watched Gray's anatomy.

Didn't Scrubs come out first?
Bearette said…
Kitkat - the movies are always bad. I think they're trying to pawn them off on a captive market.

C - Scrubs did come out first, but Grey's Anatomy is sooo much better. Scrubs is like a strained cartoon, and Grey's has more substance (but is also racy and fun).

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!