Tiredness

So we went out with Ashley and her husband G last night. Ashley is petite, fun and animated; as for G, I knew he was good people as soon as he said he loved Woody Allen (in a platonic way, of course). Conversation ranged all over the place, from Neil Labute to a strange website called "X Peeps" to our novels.

Tonight we went out with A & C. A is pregnant; I found out at a party we went to recently, but they were still in the "quiet" stage. Now they can tell everyone. I felt like I should be careful when hugging her so as not to crush the baby, but she told me not to worry. They are planning to name their baby after their grandparents (with girl's and boy's names picked out accordingly). They'll find out in October what gender it will be.

I got up at 7:15 this morning, which was just as well, because I had to teach at 9:30 in Brooklyn. So you'd think I'd sleep like a baby tonight. But no. As I mentioned in my previous blog entry, there's something weird going on with my neck. The skin at the base of it feels tight. It's driving me crazy.

You see, I hate the feeling of anything around my neck. This is why I generally wear V-necked shirts (for some reason turtlenecks are ok, but some T-shirts are not) and it's the #1 reason I'm glad I'm not a man. Wearing a tie would be certain torture.

Ok, now you know about my weird neck thing. If any of you have advice on this sort of situation, feel free to share it.

Comments

This suzy said…
I'm afraid I have no suggestions.

And I can't wear turtlenecks. They bother me. lol
Bearette said…
hehe. i used to be the same. then i was able to wear them...as long as they're not too tight.

last night was a little better :D

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!