So my college roommate, TK, came to visit today. We hadn't seen each other in a while, but we fell right into our old patterns, which was nice. In fact, I had planned things for us to do between her arrival and dinner, but we ended up talking for 3 hours.

For dinner, T, D and I went to Il Bastardo, a restaurant we hadn't tried before, but we'd noticed their menu earlier. It was quite good, though D was disappointed with his dessert...somewhat bitter chocolate mousse. Mine looked like a tower. It sounded innocent enough - apple tart with warm puff pastry and a small scoop of vanilla ice cream - but the puff pastry came up high like a castle wall. T had creme brulee with some fruit baked in.

T brought me some birthday presents - a Buddhist book and two CDs, Asian Groove and Arabic Groove. This was very timely...I've been rotating 4 CDs for my yoga classes and I needed something new. Feel free to recommend music for my yoga classes, btw...long, elastic rhythms/slightly trancey/female voice usually works best.

Comments

verniciousknids said…
Great name for a restaurant! And there's nothing wrong with a puff pastry castle wall :D
Bearette said…
hehe...though it sat in my tummy like a rock afterward ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!