Friday thoughts

I might as well tell you all...I'm a little preoccupied. Here are some of the things that are happening:

1) 2 agents will be reading my novel. I've approached 2 so far and they both want to see it. So far, good odds. Bear in mind that I know one of them, and the other is a friend's agent. One of them is Meg Cabot's agent. I don't know what will happen. But I'm glad they're reading it. I got some suggestions from a girl in my former writing class; she's a book editor and her comments rocked. So after I put in those changes, I felt ready. But having it out there...it's nervewracking.

2) I've had trouble sleeping lately, partly because of the above, and partly because the skin at the base of my neck feels strange. Does this ever happen to anyone else?

3) We had lunch with P. P's stories, though funny, are probably bound to offend any number of people and so I can't repeat them on my blog. Oh well. He and D both had desserts while I looked on. I didn't feel dessert-y, and they both got the solid chocolate kind, which never really grabs me.

4) We're meeting Ashley tonight, having dinner with A&C tomorrow, and dinner with DG the day after that.

Comments

Lisa said…
Congratulations! That's so exciting! Yay!
Caro said…
Ohmigosh, woo-hoo.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be turning cartwheels. Not that I can turn a cartwheel, but I bet you can.
Bearette said…
Lisa - thanks! I hope one of them wants to rep it after they read it :D

C - hehe. i actually can't! one reason i prefer yoga to gymnastics - more stationary.
Amy said…
how exciting about your novel - congratulations! A friend of mine has been shopping his to agents forever but they're hard to find in Florida. Have you had to search long to find them?
Bearette said…
it was surprisingly easy so far...one of them was my writing teacher from a past class, and the other is a friend's agent. i guess new york is kind of a hub for this stuff.
Roxanne said…
I MUST read your book when it gets published. Yes, it WILL get published. How exciting!
Bearette said…
thanks, roxanne. i like your faith in me :D
Anonymous said…
Wow! Sounds like NYC is a great place for a budding best-selling writer. :)
Bearette said…
Let's hope ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!