You know your husband's overworked when...

I was coming back from Whole Foods, where I have to go to get the magic cereal (365 Brand shredded wheat, only $3.49 for little bites of heaven) and D woke up with a start when I came into the room.

D: [mutters something unintelligible]

Me: What?

D: I'm just looking at file names and permissions.

Me: You're asleep.

D: [in a silly-you tone] No, I'm not!

Me: How can you look at file names and permissions when you're lying in bed without a computer?

D: Mmm. [falls back asleep]

As an aside, I dreamed that he wanted to get a second college degree and jetted off to UCLA. Who knows what that means.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Poor guy. I woke up once demanding that my boyfriend answer me when I kept asking, "Are the mirrors ready yet???" I was dreaming about my job at the hotel.
Poppy said…
Oh, the irony. I have just spent much of my day looking at file names and permissions and fixing and changing them.
Bearette said…
Kitkat - that sounds like an interesting one.

poppy - i thought that might resonate with you ;)
Anonymous said…
It might make D feel better to know I've had the exact same conversation with A on several occasions. :-)
Anonymous said…
I'm the sleep-talker in this household. It really freaks Mike out.
Bearette said…
Sounds like a blog entry ;)
Mz.Elle said…
Hahaha,that's funny!
See if you can get him to
agree to stuff he wouldn't ordinarily do next time;p
Caro said…
Your husband and mine speak the same language.

"Tonight we need to migrate some data to server A from server B. But first we need to check the TCPIP protocol"

Huh?
Bearette said…
Hehe. I'm not sure what TCP/IP means, but I've definitely seen it on his screen.

He also likes to SSH :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!