So D and I went out to dinner tonight and he had the strawberry risotto (one of the specials) and I had the orrecchiette with broccoli rabe (also a special). I love the mild bitterness and texture of broccoli rabe. The strawberry risotto came with gold leaf on top. It literally looked like tinfoil (except gold) folded across the top. I thought it would be grated, like Mario Batali did on the one episode of Iron Chef I've seen.

Anyway, the waiter told D it was edible, but D didn't buy it and scraped it off.

Next to us were seated one man and six women. I pointed out the sexual discrepancy to D and he said conversationally, "They're visiting from Utah."

I took him seriously at first.

When we got home, we found a package in the mailbox for "Baby ____". It was a Valentine's Day bib from my mother. The bib is very cute, with some pink in it, but E is secure in his masculinity :)

It was kind of humiliating at the doctor's office today. The nurse slid the bar on the bottom of the scale to a place it has never been before. I thought, "That's a mistake. She's going to have to slide it back." (To add insult to injury, she slid it to that dark place before I even stepped on the scale). But...not only did she NOT have to slide it back, she added a couple of pounds on. I wanted to drop through the floor but she had the grace not to announce the weight at the top of her lungs like they usually do. Which is, in a way, worse. It's like they know it's too embarrassing to say out loud.

I'm obviously not going to diet, but I skipped dessert tonight after that!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You just wait... that bar will be sliding back in the opposite direction before long. I've heard that yogis lose baby weight faster than any other species on the planet! ;)
Bearette said…
I hope so ;) Gotta love those yoga DVDs. The doctor also said you have a "nice labor" if you do yoga. Fingers crossed...
Mz.Elle said…
Haaa,watching that scale go up and up and up is awful! It's just a number-repeat to ones self as often a needed:)
Bearette said…
It's so true...I'm considering closing my eyes next time! But you're right, it's just a number.
blackcrag said…
OK, You are carrying a baby inside you! Of course you are going to gain weight. That is a huge difference between being fat. Don't worry about it.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!