Ethan Hawke...AGAIN

D and I had dinner at a diner tonight...one with nicer decor than most, lots of windows and hanging plants, but a diner nonetheless. I was enjoying my grilled cheese (Swiss on wheat, my favorite combo) and strawberry milkshake as we overheard a guy giving his children a morality lesson at the table behind us. "You have to be honest," etc. And "you'll be much closer when you're adults."

As they filed out, the waiter said, "Pretty exciting, huh? An actor, huh?"

D: "What was he in?"

The waiter: "I dunno."

Neither of us got a good look at the guy, so my eyes shot to the entryway. There he was...Ethan Hawke. With a curly-haired woman I didn't recognize, and two kids. The girl was tall, thin and blonde...she'll probably end up looking like Uma. She had sparkles on the seat of her jeans.

He should recognize *me* by now ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
You mean the waiter didn't immediately rattle off, The Dead Poets' Society and Great Expectations?

:)
Bearette said…
Nope, I guess he was out of it ;) I do think Uma is more famous. Also more glam. I can kind of see why they split up...they seem pretty different.
Poppy said…
*giggle*

He should start asking you how the baby is!
Anonymous said…
I wonder what prompted the morality lessons?
Bearette said…
I'm not sure. I think he might just be a reflective guy.
Bearette said…
Or the kids may have asked a question I didn't hear...
Anonymous said…
Ethan Hawke's blog:

"I saw that dark-haired girl again! She was in the diner, eating with her baby daddy. She was talking about some other guy named Rainer the whole time. I'm not sure how the baby daddy was taking it..."
Mz.Elle said…
Oooh how cool!
I'm laughing at Liz's comment,that's perfect!
Bearette said…
Baby daddy...I love it ;)
Katie said…
Whoa! How cool...must be a perk of living in the city.

I haven't been around for a while, but I'm back in action.So...'hi!' Hope all is well with baby & co.

Love,
-Katie
This suzy said…
Maybe he just started talking about morality once he noticed you were there. I mean, he would want to sound cool in front of you since he sees you all the time! lol
Bearette said…
Suzy - hehe ;)

KB - thanks! Hope all is well with you :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!