So we visited Rainer in Brooklyn tonight, with DG. Rainer loves me :) He was sitting in the children's section tonight, wedged into a small child's chair. His bum was hanging out. But he seemed to like it. But when he saw me, he wiggled his way out of the chair and sat on my lap. His tail wagged back and forth furiously.

There is nothing cozier than a cat curled up on your lap, even if he occasionally bites his own fur. DG said he was trying to get the knots out. I was tempted to curl up on the floor with Rainer and sleep, but it was too hard to lie down since he was in my lap ;)

When we left, I uncurled one leg and then the other. Instead of moving, he stayed in the center, sitting on my skirt. I had to kind of hobble up like an old woman.

He is such a good cat.

Another notable thing about the evening: at the restaurant, before Rainer, a girl came up to me and asked how long the wait was. She thought I worked there. Then, a girl at Rainer's bookstore asked me, "Do you have [some book]?" (I didn't catch the title.) I explained, "I don't work here, I just hang out with him."

"That's important work!" she said.

Comments

This suzy said…
I love all your Rainer stories. :)
blackcrag said…
I don't want anything to happen to the bookstaore owner, but inc ase the worst should happen, have you been put down as Rainer's next of kin?

I think I want a kitty. I know I want a dog, but for the next apartment, I might get a kitty.
Bearette said…
BC - i have actually thought of that. i want to know if anything happens to him!

you should definitely get a cat. i would get one in 2 seconds if d and i weren't allergic.
Anonymous said…
A woman came up to me recently in Barnes & Noble and while she didn't ask if I worked there, she asked if I would read her the price of a particular book. It seems she forgot her glasses.

Rainer seems like such a sweetie. I wonder if he gives his owners as much attention as he gives you.
Bearette said…
I hope they give him as much attention as I do :)
Amy said…
What is the name of Rainer's bookstore?
Bearette said…
I'm reluctant to put it here in case some anti-cat loony is reading my blog, but if you want to e-mail me (bearette24@hotmail.com), I'll tell you...
Amy said…
is there such a thing as an anti-cat looney? i sure hope not! anyhoo, i'll shoot you an e-mail...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!