Secret salad

So tonight we went to dinner at a place we hadn't been to in a long time. D asked if they still had the goat cheese tempura salad.

The waitress said, "Well, it's a secret salad."

This meant it wasn't on the menu anymore, but we could order it. We felt like part of a secret salad society.

Then we saw License to Wed. It was good, but not great. It featured performances from almost everyone in The Office (Mindy Kaling, Angela, the big balding guy, and of course, John Krasinski) and several other fun actors (Lois Hendrickson from Big Love* and the girl who played Marcia Brady in A Very Brady Movie and also appeared in The Wedding Singer). There were a couple of "babies" who stole the show. They definitely created the most humorous moments in the movie.

I would say Knocked Up, Ratatouille and Waitress (other than the heinous ending) are the best movies of the summer so far.

Grade: B

*We caved and got HBO just so we could see Big Love live, as it were. Bill Hendrickson is morally ambiguous this season. We're planning to cancel our subscription once the season is over, since we don't watch anything else on that channel.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The secret salad sounds very mysterious indeed! It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when they go to a different cafe and they won't make Elaine a "big salad."
This suzy said…
I can't wait to see Big Love again! But I'll have to wait til it's on DVD.
Mz.Elle said…
ooooh that sounds like my kind of salad!
Bearette said…
It was a good but a little heavy, with the fried cheese :)

I didn't see that episode; now I'm curious.
Bearette said…
Suzy - the season is great so far, very gripping. But I won't say anything more :)
Poppy said…
I want some secret salad! I am not a fan of goat cheese (I KNOW, I know) but I love tempura. What else is in it?
Caro said…
The Secret Salad sounds very CIA to me. :P
Bearette said…
Caro - doesn't it?

Poppy - well, it's 98% goat cheese, so you probably wouldn't like it :( The goat cheese is deep fried (definitely not a diet delight, as my MIL would say) and served over some greens and hard-to-identify chopped vegetables (maybe some bean sprouts?) It's topped off with a tangy orange dressing.

Hmm, maybe I should be a restaurant critic :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!