So D and I had lunch with P and his new girlfriend. P is a long-time summer employee of D's and friend of ours; he lives in London and goes to film school during the rest of the year.

P made a great choice of lunch place and girlfriend. I thought they were both fabulous. I told him they should get married. I have a very good sense of when couples should get married ;) I won't push it too hard, however. Mentioning it once is enough, right?

As for the lunch...awesome. They served everything with a light touch, and yet it was utterly satisfying. Small, delicious portions. I had black bean soup, a red wine poached pear salad, and a petite piece of carrot cake. The carrot cake was served with ice cream, which formed a lovely little lake at the bottom of the plate :)

On the way home, I saw two of the cutest dogs ever. They were frisky golden doodles. The girl had a pink leash and the boy had a purple leash. The boy settled down on the sidewalk so I could pat him for a while. "Oh boy," his owner said. "He's a ham."

Comments

This suzy said…
I don't think I've ever heard of a golden doodle before. For some reason it sounds more like a baked good to me. lol
Bearette said…
I know what you mean! Like a snickerdoodle, maybe ;)

It's a combination golden retriever and poodle. They have adorable curly golden fur.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!