The beach

So D and I went to the beach yesterday with DG. D actually rode his bike (yup, 32 miles) and DG and I took the train. We were seated near the bathroom (never optimal), but the girl behind us said she would put up a sign saying "Out of Order" if too many people used it and it started to get icky. (Incidentally, the grossest bathroom I ever saw was on New Jersey Transit. Don't use it.)

The beach itself was beautiful. We were lying near a toddler who kept speaking her own language. I wished I could understand it, but it was cute anyway. We ate on the main commercial strip near the beach and I had a mango martini with my dinner, which consisted of roasted beet salad and a side of mashed sweet potatoes. I love both beets and sweet potatoes, though I didn't mix them together - don't worry.

D took his bike on the train on the way back, and we saw someone from my year in college with his girlfriend. We chatted with them for a while. She's a nurse but doesn't wear the classic uniform, to his chagrin ;)

Comments

This suzy said…
In my experience, train bathrooms (whether short or long distance trains) are never very appealing.
Bearette said…
I couldn't agree more...but the NJ transit one was particularly awful. As in, unuseable :( I saw a man limping through the train to the bathroom, using a walker, and I felt bad for him, knowing what he was about to see.
Anonymous said…
Bus bathrooms, either. I always nearly dehydrate myself in an attempt to avoid the bathroom.
Bearette said…
Good idea...I will have to lay off water before trips.
Elsa said…
Sounds fun! And that mango martini sounds delic :)
Bearette said…
It really was. Definitely one of the best drinks I've ever had.
Caro said…
I hate public restrooms, unless it's the men's. :D

You don't have your e-mail address displayed anywhere.

Mine is fedupme@comcast.net. If you drop me a line, I'll send my myspace addy.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!